Are you concerned about something that has to do with your health?

If you have any items, concerns or questions about health related items, please email me your questions I will do my best to provide you with well researched and accurate answers.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Does living near a fast food stop make you fat?

In a recent Wall Street Journal article they released the results from a new Harved study that will be published in the next American Journal of Epidemiology, that talks about this issue.  Reaserchers have found that there is no notable difference in BMI (Body Mass Index) of those who live near a fast food stop and those who do not.  The results showed that females that lived near a fast food stop showed slight increase in BMI but the Harvard researchers determined that the increase was not enough to determine if the effect was from the fast food restruant.

This 30 year study also noted that though the participants all came from a wide variety of social and economic back grounds and there was little racial diversity between them.  Though this research produced little evidence to help researchers better understand the changes in human BMI they will soon begin to carry out more research to find out if having fast food near where you work  or that you pass on your way to and from work daily have effects.

My best guess is that having to drive by so many of them has been terribly derogatory on my weight struggle.  Every time I get burnt out on one I just go to another.  I wish at the end of a long day I could just drive through and get a bag of healthier groceries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment